Thursday, May 21, 2009

Handfasting Vow


I drew this last night inspired by thoughts of love and lovers. The Vow is bits and pieces of different ceremonies and some of my own parts which I feel fit well together. A vow of love I believe in and would make to my loved one. This blog is a tribute to love and lovers and the magick that they build together.


The hand fast cords symbolize 9 Promises brought to the joining:

Gold=(Masculine) Unity and longevity

Silver= (Feminine) Creativity, inspiration

White=Truth, peace, devotion

Purple= Healing, health

Light blue=Understanding, patience

Red=Love and passion

Orange=Kindness, encouragement, plenty

Yellow = Harmony, confidence

Green= Prosperity, beauty, nurturing

The stag horn = represents the man thought to be one of the three oldest animals also a symbol of Earth. also represents rebirth (new beginning), hunter(provider) and prowess(protection).

The rings or bands=completion and unity a token of the love that encircles the joining.

The flowers = represents the woman 9 tokens of her gift to her loved one.

Apple Blossom = Friendship and celebration of life

Lavender = Happiness and healing

Jasmine = intimacy and sleep

Rose = Love and Beauty

Ivy = Eternal Life, binding magick and protection

Lotus = Spirituality

Mistletoe = Good fortune, health and fertility

Orchid = Thoughtfulness

Rosemary = Memory and longevity

The stars represent = constant The stones represent= strength


Handfasting Vows

I offer thee my vow freely and with no restraint.


You are a precious gift to me, bringing joy into my life. I respect the bond between us and promise to keep it alive always and forever.


I promise to keep your trust, to be your best friend, your lover, and to share in your hopes and dreams. I promise to love thee wholly and completely without restraint, in sickness and in health, in plenty and in time of want, as long as love last.


To desire and be desired by thee, to walk with thee, to stand with thee in the purity of love.

Memories we share together, moments no one else will know. I will keep them close to me, never to let them go. By the life of my blood and love of my heart I take thee to my hand, my heart and my spirit to be my loved one. I will not seek to change thee. I will respect thee, thy beliefs, thy people and thy ways as I respect myself and my own.


Above us the stars, like the stars should our love be constant. Below us the stones, like the stones should our love be strong. We face the storms of life together. The world may grow cold but cannot freeze us, we will forever be together even when we are apart.


With arms to hold and support you, kisses soft and lingering and a love unbroken I do promise thee with love.


Blessings be with us Air, tie closely the bonds between us.

Blessings be with us Fire, Give our love and passion your warmth.

Blessings be with us Water, Give us who desire it the love and depth of body, soul and spirit.

Blessings be with us Earth, Lend our love your strength as long as we may live.

Blessings be with us Spirit of the Great Mystery, Give us your unconditional love and ever vigilant protection, shining wisdom, patience and understanding.

Always and Forever.

No comments: